Friday, June 6, 2008

Handwritten note found inside just-purchased copy of Matthea Harvey's Sad Little Breathing Machine, dated June 24, 2006:

"Dear Danica,

I bought your book, A Late Freeze at MOCCA and loved it--it is such a beautifully strange story. I bought the Circus Song from you online [and] loved that too, so I thought your brilliance warranted a fan letter. Thank you for your work!

I'm a poet so I'm sending you my 2 books (just in case you like poetry).

All best,
Matthea"

I wonder why Danica didn't hold on to this.... Intriguing.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. That's like a post-it in a copy of The Prince of Tides I bought last week. It read: "Dear B___: Please please read this -- all -- you are not going to want to -- but it's important to me that you do -- it has brought back a lot of the childhood we lost -- the ending is a positive resolution. Love, J_____"

    Please let me know what you think of SLBM. I have it but have not read it yet.

    I actually like Danica's work. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do.

    I've actually never heard of this Danica person, but I'm going to look her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it sound as if I had? Awesome! No, I just checked her work out before I commented.

    Danica Novgorodoff

    ReplyDelete