Thursday, July 10, 2008

This is what I picked up at St. Mark's tonight.  Hand-made, bound with pennies, excellent lineup.  Only 124 other copies in existence.  Can't wait to "dive in".

(It's a journal of poetry and art, for those of you living on Mars, or Florida.)

I'd like to apologize for the above comment suggesting that Florida is a barren, cultural wasteland.  (That honor goes to my beloved Indiana.)  Florida is a happy place, and I wish it no harm.

Mars also has a lot going for it culturally.  Again, no offense was intended.

After receiving a friendly email from David Yezzi, I have added a footnote to my reworking of his poem, "Vigil", my version of which I called "Vigil in My Pants".  Just scroll down or click on the Poems link to your right to find it.

I made the mistake of sleeping in till 1pm on Sunday, which means I didn't get to sleep till 4am Monday, which means I've yet again managed to screw myself over in the sleep department.  It's 12:30 people, what am I still doing here?  Watching Malcom in the Middle and then King of the Hill, that's what.  Why?  Because I have to.  Why?  Because it's a habit bordering on compulsion.  I sleep about five hours a night.

3 comments:

  1. "I'd like to apologize for the above comment suggesting that Florida is a barren, cultural wasteland. (That honor goes to my beloved Indiana.) Florida is a happy place, and I wish it no harm."

    This made me smile, because I just came back home to Indiana after living in Florida for two years. All I have to say is, I have a new appreciation for the itty-bitty, but burgeoning cultural scene in central Indiana. That should tell you exactly how underwhelming I found Florida. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've got one, they didn't even give me a contributor's copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I was just thinking about this today—that when you buy one of these "small" journals, you feel a responsibility to safeguard it for posterity. I probably shouldn't even take it out of the house.

    ReplyDelete