Monday, September 1, 2008

Marisa Tomei has 225 fans on facebook.

Mira Sorvino has 132 fans on facebook.

Henry Clay has 64 supporters on facebook.

Why such a disparity between Tomei and Sorvino?  I guess Tomei is slightly more famous.  Whom do I prefer?  I prefer...

Hmm.  And what about Henry Clay.  What about him?  I seem to have the idea that I should like Henry Clay.  Why.  Maybe because he was Andrew Jackson's arch enemy.  Fucking douchebag Andrew Jackson.

Summer of Sam is on right now.  Therefore I'm inclined to prefer Sorvino at the moment.  Her performance is touching.  There are eight million stories in the Naked City.  This is one of them.

Most of my political views are based on gut feelings.  I'm not very knowledgable about anything.  I think this is true of most people, but most people don't want to admit it.  But I might just be saying that to make myself feel better.  I don't know if it's true.

I am now halfway done with

Annoying Diabetic Bitch – Sharon Mesmer
My Angie Dickinson – Michael Magee

Mesmer asks some important questions, including (but not limited to): "Have you heard about the many children / Forced out of Eric Estrada's cocker spaniel?" and "Who spilled gin on God's weenie?"  There is also a poem that may or may not be our generation's The Waste Land, a poem entitled "She Do the Prettiest Dog Vagina in Different Voices".  In this poem we learn that

          Gridlock
          is something sharp in my shorts,
          and dog boob jobs
          make possible all academic studies of the past,
          the past when god was food.

I believe I've known that on some level for a long time, but I could never put it into words.

3 comments:

  1. Summer of Sam, one of Spike Lees' more brilliant flicks. That scene where the Thin Man throws his guitar out the window in slow motion is such a great metaphor for the ending of an era. I was in New York that summer. It was chaotic all the time and freaking HOT. Everyone was paranoid. One of my favorite films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I seriously used to think Marisa and Mira were the same person, so it's funny you're comparing them on your blog this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R: It's one of my favorites too. That's wild that you were there. (Well, I guess millions of people were there, but still.)

    B: Kind of like Dylan McDermot Mulroney.

    ReplyDelete