Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You should buy this casserole cookbook and then make casseroles by using the recipes in the cookbook


[Um, there was a video here, but it stopped working.  I don't know why.]
  
This person is named Emily Farris.  She wrote a casserole cookbook.  It comes out next month.  The title of the book is Casserole Crazy: Hot Stuff for Your Oven.  You should buy the book and then follow the recipes inside the book to make casseroles.  I have to admit I've never eaten a casserole, but that's not to say I wouldn't eat a casserole if a casserole were put in front of me.

6 comments:

  1. Huh??! You spent more than three meals in the Midwest and you've never eaten a casserole??

    Are you from outer-space or something?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They weren't big at our house. I'm trying to remember if my mom ever made one (aside from potluck purposes)... if she did, she probably made something else that I wouldn't object to eating.

    I've also never had apple pie.

    Really I've never been a fan of wet mixtures. I like foods with clear demarcations between parts. I like solid masses. Pumpkin pie, for instance. A homogeneous substance, no surprises.

    Dry mixtures I'm okay with. Burritos, tacos. Salads. That's why I don't use salad dressing. It turns a dry mixture into a wet mixture. Same with milk in cereal. I love dry cereals of all kinds, but when you add milk, forget it. Disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it, pumpkin pie might be the only pie I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! Matt has food issues! :)

    Pumpkin pie is usually the only pie worth eating, anyway. I've never been much of a fan of apple pie. Cherry pie, sure. Pumpkin, always. Lemon meringue, NEVER EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been intrigued by the idea of lemon meringue pie, the official pie of slapstick comedy. I've never seen anyone actually eat one, unless they're licking little bits of it off their face in a slapstick comedy routine. Why does it look like whipped or shaving cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea. It's, like, egg white, that gets beaten when sugar (I believe) and then I think you bake it. Either way, it gets shell-like and it tastes like dog-butt. Meringue creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete