Friday, October 24, 2008

Fucking finally

I finished a book. I don't think I've finished a single book this year. That's what happens when you read more than a hundred at a time. Remember that pledge I made not to buy any more books until I'd finished ten I'm currently reading? I broke that pledge weeks ago and haven't looked back. I haven't bought a ton of books, but I've abandoned the pledge.

The book I finished was Jesus' Son, by Denis Johnson. I started reading it sometime in college, back in the early 2000's. It's a really good book. The ones I like best are the ones that take me the longest to finish. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. freaky-deaky book-reading ESP. i just began that book last thursday. and i, too, am loving it. and so was the server at the cafe who saw me reading it. yay denis johnson. SEE THE MOVIE, TOO. so gewd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the movie's good too.

    Now I just need to finish Already Dead.

    ReplyDelete