Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So I downloaded finally the new iPod Touch software that enables you to add games and shit. iBowl is fun.

A day later or so I got around to downloading some electronic books. Namely,

Hunger, Knut Hamsun
Silas Marner, George Eliot
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, F. Scott Fitzgerald

The last one is a short story that a movie coming out is of. (It's my syntax and I'll cry if I want to.) Basically my plan is to read books that I don't feel like buying or even checking out from the library. I do not plan to make a habit of reading books on my iPod. But gawd-

DAMN is it convenient for reading in transit! It would also be great for when you get to a movie a half hour early and have nothing to do. You can sit in the dark and read a "book"! It's also great if you have a date that goes badly and you need something to read on the way home, something you wouldn't have been able to do before because you figured it would be tacky to take your backpack full of reading material along on a date, which was a prudent observation indeed.

I also downloaded The Waste Land, just to see what it would look like on the screen. You wanna know what it looks like? I'll tell you what it looks like. No line breaks. It's in prose. Prose.

Prose.

Uh...

Oh well, I hate reading poetry on screens anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Hunger, yet? Knut Hamsun is insane. I love Hunger, but Growth of the Soil is my favorite. They are completely and totally different. I do not recommend GOTS on a tiny screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Hunger yet. I checked out one of his other books once but didn't finish it.

    ReplyDelete