Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I have finished reading Since I Moved In, by Tim Peterson

One down, one hundred forty-nine to go.  So, I kind of just realized/remembered that I have no clue how to talk intelligently about books, especially experimental poetry books.  I never know how to describe anything.  I guess I could try comparing it to other books that are similar, but I think that would get old after a while if I'm going to do one hundred fifty of these this year, which works out to... let me just check the ol' abacus here... one book about every two and a half days.  Good god.  What did I get myself into?  The idea of finishing a book every two and a half days is insane to me; I started Tim's book months ago.  I suppose it could be done, if I'm just dealing with poetry books.  But I read tons of novels too, and in any case I don't want to feel like I'm rushing through.  My favorite color is cobalt blue.  I have a new shrew named Freddy Lou, who enjoys eating stew and looking at cows that moo.    

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matt,

    Thank you for this great review. I love it and it's very original!

    Best, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Imagine how much better it would be if I actually knew what I was doing.

    ReplyDelete