Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have finished reading Sorry, Tree, by Eileen Myles

So basically what we have here is an example of a book I picked up a long time ago and skimmed and said eh, I wouldn't like this...skinny poems, 'lazy', 'trivial', etc.... these are things I might have and probably did say about it to myself

but then over a period of months I kept picking it up and eventually read the whole thing and found that it's actually pretty good

so I'm glad I stuck with it (so the lesson is don't dismiss books before giving them a chance yay)

7 down, 143 to go. I'm on pace to finish 46 books this year. Once again, the goal is 150.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read The Erasers, by Alain Robbe-Grillet? If not, don't.

    Are you accepting suggestions on your reading list or do you have one picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, haven't read it.

    Sure, suggestions are welcome, though my to-read list is already near a thousand.

    ReplyDelete