Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Scorsese's After Hours

Have you seen it? I saw it the other day. I watched it at around 3 AM Saturday night. It's from 1985 and I only learned of its existence a number of days ago when Netflix told me about it and I added it to my queue.

It's a dark comedy. There's something uncanny about it. It's one of those movies where the hapless main character stumbles through an unfortunate series of events and things just gradually spin out of control. It's probably one of the best of this type.

It takes place in SoHo. Today I walked around SoHo and actually found by accident one of the locations in the movie. (I'm pretty sure.)

You should rent it. And then watch it. And then return it, so that other people can rent it.

Prepare to get very nostalgic for 80's New York.

2 comments:

  1. I remember liking this movie a lot when it came out.

    I wonder if I would still like it.

    I hate when the book drops and opens to the burn victims.

    I hated the claustrophobic feeling when he was in that body cast, and that feeling that it was all over then.

    I post a lot of sentences on your blog that start with I and are about my feelings and thoughts.

    Griffin Dunne (sp?) and Roxanne Arquette seemed to have sunk like stones.

    I think maybe they were eighties people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like learning of other people's feelings and thoughts. I fully support people telling me about themselves.

    you spelled griffin dunne correctly. however, it's...

    *Rosanna* Arquette :)

    ReplyDelete