Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting used to all the similes in Sunflower. You just have to go along with it. Pretend the narrator's need to make similes is an OCD compulsion. That way I can relate. I'm not sure if making similes could be a real OCD compulsion, but we needn't let that stop us from pretending.

I started reading it last week, Thursday, on a bench in Battery Park City. Battery Park City is what's on the other side of the World Trade Center. It's where the Hudson meets the harbor. It's a nice place to walk around and read, or sit and read. Or sit or walk and not read. Also nice is that you have a wide open view of the western sky, so you have plenty of heads-up when rain clouds appear. (When walking around in Midtown, for example, you're more likely to be caught by surprise. I think the tall buildings are why the umbrella business is such a lucrative one around here.)

Does anybody know what PJ Harvey's situation is? I mean, is she seeing anyone? I hope not, seeing as how she's my future girlfriend....


1 comment:

  1. You have great taste in women.

    I have a biography of her somwwhere in my EBAYiana.

    I haven't read it yet.

    I'd send it to you free now if I had read it (if you didn't already own/read it) but I hold out hope I will read it in the next year or so.

    Then if you want it, it's yours.

    I realize this is a stinting form of generosity but I'm curious about her background.

    I think there are pictures too.

    Pictures are fun.

    My Word Ver is "Crulgypi." Somebody write J.K. Rowlandson and tell her this is a good name for an entity.

    ReplyDelete