Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LOST

So I don't know if you're one of those silly people who avoids certain things because those things are "too popular to be good", but let me tell you, I am one of those silly people.

Can you see where I'm going with this? Like maybe I'm going to tell you about how I just last week discovered for myself the mega hit show Lost? Cuz if that's what you're thinking, you're right.

I was stunned to realize that the show started in '04! I knew I was late to the party, but man, that was, like, five years ago!

Anyway, if you are one of those silly-like-me people aforementioned, I know what you're thinking when you look at that picture at left (or above, depending on how this formatting turns out). You're thinking, those people look like models! Especially that guy in front. How can these people be interesting? How can any worthwhile televisual experience revolve around such pretty people? (Apologies if this isn't what you're thinking. Maybe (is it possible?) you're not as shallow as I am.) Just trust me when I tell you that I haven't fallen so head-over-heels for a group of actors (I find it hard to distinguish between actors and characters, and so don't even try anymore) since, I don't know, Six Feet Under (the best TV show I've seen).

The cast, more than any other element, is usually what keeps me interested in any show, I think. But what I also like about Lost is that it reminds me of some other favorite shows of mine: The Twilight Zone, The X-Files, Six Feet Under, Carnivale....

So basically what I'm saying is, it's my bread and butter. But I'm glad I waited until now to watch it. Commercial-free streaming via Netflix or DVDs is the way to go. I just finished season 1 last night. I started season 1 on the Saturday before last. Season 2 starts for me tonight. The final season starts on ABC after the new year.

I'm itching to look up the actors' bios, but I don't want to run into spoilers, so I'm going to wait until I'm up to date with the show, which should take no more than a couple months.

3 comments:

  1. This is EXACTLY what happened to me about two weeks ago with this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOST is a great show. I really cannot believe you are just now discovering it. You have a lot of twists and turns and surprises and shockers ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday I might even watch the Sopranos!

    ReplyDelete