Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I have finished reading Eeeee Eee Eeee, by Tao Lin

and have started Shoplifting from American Apparel. I lent it to my sister on a plane ride and she read the whole thing over the course of two plane rides (in the same day). It's very funny so far and so was Eeeee Eee Eeee. After I finish SfAA I will read Lucinella, by Lore Segal, another Melville House Contemporary Art of the Novella novella. I bit into a hard thing in my Subway sandwich tonight. I spit it out clandestinely into a napkin. I also need to get cracking on Alfred Chester's The Exquisite Corpse so that I can then read Alfred Chester's Jamie Is My Heart's Desire. I also really need to finish Already Dead, make a dent or dents in ten or twenty other books, and get this thing at the library resolved regarding a copy of Charles Bernstein's Rough Trades that I'm virtually certain I turned in but which the library maintains is missing. So for now it's a "disputed item". How will it become undisputed? Time will tell. And when it does, I will be there, and I will tell in turn.

11 down, 139 to go.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT THE HELL WAS IN YOUR SANDWICH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a hard thing. since you're not a meateater, i shall explain without being too graphic: sometimes when you're eating a piece of meat, usually a burger or in this case a chicken breast, you may find yourself chewing on something that won't be chewed. this is what we call "a hard thing", as in, "i just bit into a hard thing in my burger/chicken breast...gross." i'm sure scientists have another word for it. (sorry if this explanation was too graphic.)

    ReplyDelete