Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Have you people heard of Kostas Anagnopoulos? His book is Moving Blanket. It just came out. (Ugly Duckling Presse.) That more book covers are not made to resemble denim is a tragedy of design. This cover is one of my favorite covers in quite some time. The poetry is the stacked-line punctuationless (mostly) kind of stuff I'm into right now. Some of it's that way. Some other poems are prose poems and are also good. But back to the design. The font is PMN Caecilia. I'm a fan of this font. I just learned its name. Also, they should, or could, sell t-shirts that look like the cover. I would buy such a t-shirt and wear it in a variety of settings.

1 comment:

  1. Kostas used to (still does?) edit Insurance, a pretty great periodical review of literature. Also: he has appeared in The Hat. Looking forward to the book. Glad to hear it's working for you -- couldn't help but notice that you've been sick of poetry lately.

    ReplyDelete