Saturday, May 22, 2010

WHAT CREATURE IS THIS

, originally uploaded by majawalk.

I've been finding these off and on in my room ever since I moved in three years ago. (I also found them in my old apartment, I remember.) They're not bed bugs, right? Bed bugs look completely different. The only things I can think of that look sort of like this are ticks. It clearly has six legs, so it's an insect, not a spider. It's not a roach, it's not a beetle. It moves slowly. It has antennae. Its body is the size of a football. Just kidding. Its body is the size of a pinhead.

WHAT IS IT.......








Side view.

6 comments:

  1. It's not a tick. Or it doesn't look like any tick I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i just learned that ticks are arachnids...hmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a spider-beetle, or something similar.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=spider+beetle&aq=f&aqi=g8g-m2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

    ReplyDelete
  4. michelle, i think you nailed it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw I like the photo that's the blog header. is that one of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, as are all the photos i've been putting up lately. thanks!

    ReplyDelete