Wednesday, April 13, 2011

THE YEAR I LIVED IN AN IGLOO


I could tell you about the year
I lived in an igloo
But what good would that do
Probably just make you mad

I've decided to spare us all
The burden of my infinite wisdom
I've decided to be nice to people
And move into an igloo

Oh wait I already did that
For a year I did that
And what do I have
To show for it

I need to try something drastically different
I need to expand my horizons
I need to go to central Asia
And live in a yurt for a year

Then I could tell you about the year
I lived in a yurt
The book I could write about that experience
Would drastically outsell any book this poem appears in

But what good would that do
Probably just uplift you
Or possibly even empower you
To be a smarter, happier, healthier you

2 comments:

  1. thanks:) i seem to write in this style about 2 times per year. which is strange because it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete