Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Next Big Thing


Congratulations to me! I've tagged myself in The Next Big Thing series, in which writers interview themselves about their new book.


What is the working title of the book?

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (novelization)

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I've always thought Star Trek V was underrated, and it's my hope that my novelization will bring out its greatness and literary merit.

What genre does your book fall under?

Novelization.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, George Takei, James Doohan, Laurence Luckinbill, David Warner, others

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

What does God need with a starship? 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

Haven't started yet.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I know everybody hates Star Trek V, even Trekkies themselves, but I always liked the part at the beginning when Kirk is climbing El Capitan. I like the score in that scene a lot, which I still hum to myself from time to time to get me through stressful times in my life. And I like the parts at the beginning and the end when Kirk, Spock, and McCoy go camping and sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I'll be sure to include the 3-breasted alien exotic dancer cat lady. I only hope my skills at physical description will do justice to her. 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I've signed a contract will Melville House and it will be published in the spring of 2015.